Doesn’t April in Paris sound magical? I’m imagining a gentle rain, lots of shades of lavender and soft yellow and frequent bon jours. Happy sigh. As my trip gets closer, I’m spending a little time thinking about what to pack (going with a navy/grey palette) and wondering how much of my high school French will come back to me. Un peu, I hope.
I don’t like to travel with a firm itinerary in hand, but there are a few things I want to do in Paris. If I were traveling solo I probably wouldn’t plan anything, but since this may be the only time I go to Paris with my son, we’ve got to hit some of the sights. Please feel free to add suggestions to the list below!
- The top of the Eiffel Tower. I bought tickets in advance, but wish I had thought to do it sooner since all that was left was 5pm. Do you know if we can just kill time up there until dark or will the tickets be timed?
- Jim Morrison’s grave (my choice) and Napoleon’s tomb (Liam’s pick).
- Notre Dame. I hear it’s free on the first Sunday of the month. Think this is true even if it is Easter?
- The Mona Lisa at the Louvre – I think we’ll buy a two-day museum pass at the airport when we land. Do you think it is a good deal?
- Arc de Triomphe
- Eat & drink
- Sit in an outdoor cafe and enjoy a bottle of wine in the sun.
- Walk and take pictures to my heart’s content.
- Enjoy my son and family who will be joining us from Germany