If you’re lucky to live long enough, life comes with all sorts of lessons. Some are pretty simple, you know, like treat people the way you want to be treated or you get more bees with honey, but other lessons require more experience and perspective. I’ve recently been schooled by the universe and have learned some new lessons that I’m going to share with you in the hopes that you can avoid having your own similar personal education. Tuition free.
- Trust yourself even when the people you trusted prove you wrong.
- If a situation isn’t improving, that means something.
- When two people both want the same thing (together), the efforts exerted to make that work feel much less laborious than when two people are not working to be together.
- Trying is admirable, but martyrdom isn’t a good look on anyone.
- Letting go can be: a. Harder than hanging on
b. Super easy with lots of tequila
c. A lengthy process
d. All of the above
- One day the sun will shine so brightly that your eyes will struggle with all that is revealed.
- Laughter comes back. You may unexpectedly find yourself humming.
- You’ll start to forget why it meant so much and begin remembering how much more you wanted.
- And you will realize that your hands are finally empty and it feels like a gain, and not a loss.
Class dismissed. It’s going to be an epic summer.