Yesterday was the first snow day my district has had this academic year – and it was well worth the wait. I understand that we don’t all have the luxury of a delayed start or the cancellation of our work day due to the weather and think you should know I am very appreciative of this career perk. I was so very thankful for yesterday’s surprise (2″-4″ was the forecast, I’d say 6″ or 7″ was the reality) snow day that I just might send my superintendent a thank you note. You know how I like to do that. Or, as my snow day, cross-country skiing partner in crime suggested, perhaps I should send that note of gratitude to the superintendent of my children’s district for not giving them the day off. I certainly have enough appreciation to spread it out, trust me.
As I spent my found day doing fun things, I realized that I had experienced a perfect snow day. Here are the factors which led me to that ultimate conclusion:
- The day off was completely unexpected. I would have been more than contented with a mere delay.
- Speaking of delays, the fact that the boys were delayed and I was off was an incredible gift. We had an easy morning and then there was quiet.
- Coffee with my favorite fellow was another unexpected treat.
- Skiing with one of my best hardcore exercise girls at Capital Hills on a day with incredible light and eventual warm temperatures. Spring skiing rocks!
- A terrific lunch at the golf course’s Club House. Seriously, the food was really good!
- Getting my Saturday chores done a day early. It almost feels like I was given 2 days!
- Afternoon coffee with my favorite fellow
- Making pizza with my boys
- A hot bath
- A reasonable bed time
I hope you were able to enjoy the recent (bonus) snowfall but, if you didn’t, I think I had enough fun for both of us. You’re welcome!
3 thoughts on “What makes a perfect snow day?”
thanks Sil for enjoying it for the both of us… I am so stuck in a bittersweet swell of this great march of snow and not being able to play… happy/sad xx
Jen – Let me finish this season out for you with my newby enthusiasm. Next year we’ll get out there together! *hugs*
Perfect day for me too!! Always love when memories of a day linger in my thighs and buttocks…Albany Muni never lets me down! Had to play hookey for a bit of the next day at Kripalu to get one last x-country fix at a lovey park in Lenox- Kennedy Park. Even used the my new directional/courage-alone-in-the-woods skills to navigate the park solo. Thanks for your many gifts, Silvia!