We’re not really big on Hallmark holidays, but I do indulge in playing the Mother’s Day card once a year. This year I was informed that I could say “but, it’s Mother’s Day” a total of only ten times before the phrase would lose its power to motivate my sons to do something for me. I think I got to number 8 on that before calling it a night. It was a good
day weekend. Some highlights:
- Arriving at home, after walking from work on Lark Street, to find one of my sons beginning to tackle the sink full of dishes left by his brothers.
- Leisurely reading the NYT and TU at the dining room table while listening to the Spotify station of my choice.
- Pancakes with strawberries, even if I had to make them myself.
- A lovely gift.
- A few chores crossed off the list.
- Throwing the ball around with my dog-son.
- Catnapping on my deck in the sun.
- Running 7+ miles with my Luna B*tch, Chrissy.
- A little time spent in Washington Park with the tulips and lilacs.
- Dinner with all 3 of my sons (sort of, one was working) at one of my favorite Albany spots, Cafe Capriccio.
- Wrapping up the weekend by extending it to Monday with some satisfying yard work and a long phone call to one of my favorite moms.
I hope all you other Moms enjoyed your weekends as well.