All right, look, I could probably find 10 reasons to justify spending $159 a month on my Unlimited Membership, but let me tell you the number two reason why I’ve been continuing the service – since I became a subscriber in November, I’ve spent a total of about $55 buying new clothes and $0 on dry cleaning. If I were to look back at what I spent in past years, I’m confident that my purchases of new clothing (that I might only wear a handful of times before tiring of them), would total close to what my subscription has cost me.
More details? Sure!
- The service has been excellent. There was a single snafu (apparently the bag that was en route to me had a faulty zipper and I ended up with a cardboard box with two garments, one of which was not intended to be delivered to me) and it was dealt with efficiently and with minimal headache.
- I have a fairly busy social calendar and an aversion to wearing the same thing twice, at least when it’s to an event locally.
- I’d much rather spend my time outdoors than in a mall or shopping center and the convenience of selecting and “hearting” a bunch of garments on an app and having them dropped off at my house is a dream.
- The turnaround time on orders is typically 2 days so I can take a look at the weather and what I have going on and select the appropriate items.
- I’m wearing clothing that I couldn’t necessarily afford (hello, Temperley London and Opening Ceremony) to purchase except as an isolated indulgence.
- Putting my account on hold during vacations or dull times, is easily accommodated.
- There’s an excellent UPS drop off spot conveniently located between home and work making drop offs simple.
- ”My” wardrobe gets lots of positive attention – and I always ‘fess up that whatever I’m wearing is Rent the Runway.
- And, my number one reason: I love fashion – didn’t you know I was voted Best Dressed in 8th grade?
Maybe you want to give it a try? Send me an email or make a comment and I’ll happily share a discount code.