The Super Bowl was already weeks ago (Remember? The Patriots won. Again.) but there’s something I’ve been thinking about ever since the big game…why would celebrities, like really rich and successful public figures, appear in advertisements or commercials about products which they weren’t enthusiastic about truly using? All of those actors and sports figures in the big budget commercials, do you think they need the money? How much money would you want to be paid for promoting and intrinsically endorsing something you genuinely appreciate and use? Would you want more money if it was item or service that you didn’t actually avail yourself of?
if you know me, you know I don’t value money very much. I appreciate it and understand working to have enough,* but I certainly don’t believe the accumulation of it is my life’s work. And, while I’d happily consider accepting money from companies whose products I truly use, I’m just about equally pleased to just share the following list with you of things I’m really loving right now. Here goes…
- New Max Mara framed eyeglasses.
- My Waterpik, although I wish the cord was retractable.
- Concert and airplane tickets
- The Bleecker Salad at Dove and Deer
- An Unlimited Subscription for Rent the Runway
- Walks/Runs/Skis with Jeter at Albany Muni
- My clunkiest Frye’s
- Aaron’s 11:15 class on Saturdays at the Latham Hot Yoga Spot.
- Aldi’s for produce and baking supplies.
- Kat von D’s Studded Lipstick in Double Dare.
- Van Morrison’s Poetic Champions Compose – I forgot how much I love this record.
- Hot bubble baths. I can not get enough of my tub these days!
- Midnight blue velvet skinnies from Gap bought on super sale for $12.
- The lushness of my plants.
- Wednesday night date night.
- CBD roll-on applied to my sore muscles.
- A true sense of owning my happiness.
- Spending time with someone who makes me laugh.
- Feeling comfortable in my skin.
What would be on your list?
*however you define “enough.”
3 thoughts on “19 Things I’m loving”
I have a cordless waterpic
I should have spent the extra money. The cord annoys me because it is untidy.
-Burts Bees lipbalm
-brand new Uggs
-sleeping in old cashmere sweaters
-Lush’s ” Buffy the backside slayer”
-B&B spray hair oil
super light flannel pj’s
-black and white drizzled corn
– caselvatrano olives
– bright tulips
– mexican vacation
-slow jam brunch w/ Jamel
-Work ( might as well work O/T in this
-designing new things, new mode
-Dogs ( esp schnoodles)
– free movies and T V series from library